Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:17:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Viren R.Shah <viren@cigital.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TI PCI-4451 Cardbus controller?

>>>>> "Warner" == Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org> writes:

 Warner> "Viren R.Shah" writes:
 Warner> : I have a Dell Latitude C800 laptop that has 2 Cardbus controllers.

 Warner> Cool.

 Warner> : TI PCI-4451 Cardbus Controllers

 Warner> : What do I need to do in order to make it recognize them? I
 Warner> need to put a vendor id in pccbbreg.h I assume, but where do
 Warner> I get he vendor ID from?

 Warner> Yes.

 Warner> pciconf -lv

OK, here's pciconf -lv output:

none2@pci2:15:0:	class=0x060700 card=0x00a31028 chip=0xac42104c rev=0x00 hdr=0x02
    vendor   = 'Texas Instruments'
    device   = 'PCI4451 PC card CardBus Controller'
    class    = bridge
    subclass = PCI-CardBus
none3@pci2:15:1:	class=0x060700 card=0x00a31028 chip=0xac42104c rev=0x00 hdr=0x02
    vendor   = 'Texas Instruments'
    device   = 'PCI4451 PC card CardBus Controller'
    class    = bridge
    subclass = PCI-CardBus

So, in pccbbreg.h, I added the line:

#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_PCIC_TI1451       0xac52104cul

But, I'm at a loss as to what's needed for yc_chiptype & yc_flags in
the yenta_chipinfo struct in pccbb.c
The TI 1451 chip has the following entry:
     {PCI_DEVICE_ID_PCIC_TI1451, "TI1451 PCI-CardBus Bridge", CB_TI12XX,
            PCCBB_PCIC_IO_RELOC | PCCBB_PCIC_MEM_32},

Can I use the same last two fields for the 4451 chip? [Sorry for the
inane questions, but I haven't the faintest as to what is the thing to
do here]

 Warner> Warner

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah {viren @ cigital . com}
"Never hire a ferret to do a weasel's job"