Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:55:20 +0000
From:      Hunter Fuller <hackmiester@hackmiester.com>
To:        julien Chaffraix <julien_chaffraix@yahoo.fr>
Subject:   Re: dual boot; Linux, FreeBSD

On  10 Jun 2006, at 11:45 AM, julien Chaffraix wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have made the same configuration (Debian and FreeBSD). I used
> Grub and it works very well, here is the entry in menu.lst:
I'll tell you which of these were different and why...

> title           FreeBSD
> root            (hd0,0)
Odd, I had to specify the slice (the a in "root (hd0,0,a)")
> makeactive
I don't think this is necessary.
> chainloader +1
Well, this is a different way to do it, usually this is used with
Microsuck products... but I suppose it'd work here too.
> savedefault
A handy feature, but I don't use it.
> boot
>
> (It is strange that the entry is not the same as the previous
> answer !?)
>
> I also implemented the swap 's sharing as it is presented in the
> mini-howto Linux-FreeBSD (http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Linux
> +FreeBSD.html). The howto is a bit old but you can follow it.
Glad you got everything working.