Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 23:33:21 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@munich.netsurf.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where's the earth-shattering KABOOM?

Bill Paul writes:
>This is a side effect of the new rpcgen: you need to rebuild
>/usr/include/rpcsvc before rebuilding librpcsvc.{a.so}. And you
>need to have the new rpcgen installed first, of course. :) This should
>work correctly now that rpcgen has been added to the tools target in
>the top level Makefile.

I haven't tried it out, but I'll bet that this will fail miserably
if you do "DESTDIR=/foo/bar make world", since the new rpcgen will
not be used. This also applies to things like as/cc/ld. There are
already several places in the source which don't use the new includes
in this situation. Seems like we need to somehow munge PATH in the
case where DESTDIR is defined. Oh yeah, and also do an ldconfig.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de
Work - gjennejohn@frt.dec.com