Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:02:59 +0100
From:      Martin Karlsson <martin.karlsson@visit.se>
To:        Totally Jayyness <Jayyness@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring XFree86 4.X ............... GRRRRR

On Fri Dec 21, 2001 at 06:51:52AM -0700, Totally Jayyness wrote:

> But when I try to run XFree86 -configure, it can't find it.  I have done
> find searches and even updated my Locate Database but this file just doesn't
> exist.  I tried looking through the man XFree86 and it says there are a
> couple of config files but I can't find these either.

I had the same problem. Eventually I found out about 'xf86cfg'. See if
you can find that one. That comand will fire up an X session, in which
you can configure X.

However, it doesn't seem to fix everything, so I had to go in manually
afterwards and add the 'DefaultDepth 16' and 'Modes 1024x768' (these
values work for me) in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.

Hope this helps.

--
Martin Karlsson
		<martin.karlsson at visit.se>