Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:11:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@FreeBSD.org>, Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
Subject:   Re: Change in loader or kernel: won't boot with kfreebsd in grub2

> > But as I said, I don't have a digital camera.

> > In any case, sending a graphic image of what ought to be a small text file is very clumsy and inefficient.

> > There ought to be a way to capture loader-command output to a file.  Question is how to do that at the loader level.

> Might I humbly suggest a serial console?  You can then capture the data as text.

> If this is a server, it's rare these days to not have an IP-KVM solution built-in, and even more rare to not have full console to serial redirection from
> +the first BIOS screen all the way to the OS grabbing the port.

> Or you can borrow someone's cell phone, I can't recall the last time I saw one without a camera.

> Charles

This computer is not a server, and I don't have a serial console.

Also, this computer, like most computers these days, has no serial or parallel port, though there is a serial header on the motherboard.

Only possible connectivity I have is Ethernet, and possibly I could set up WiFi.

I have a land phone but no cell phone, at least not yet: behind the times.

Tom