Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:58:10 +0200
From:      Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
Cc:        winter@jurai.net, atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hfa0 PCA200E

Yes but I think the PCA200E should also be maintained (it has bugs
and lack features (such as dynamic MTU setup and hooks for tcpdump
etc...) and the netgraph ATM should support PCA200E as well

Also I think the PCA200E driver has bugs (CRC related etc...)

IMHO. (I am a PCA200E user and at the time I bought the PCA200E there
was no 155HE drivers for FreeBSD.) I agree the HE155 is much better
but some people such as myself only have PCA200E cards.

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:39:18 +0200 (CEST)
Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>
> MND>On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Ben wrote:
> MND>> Sorry to be vague, I was referring to the interest in development and
> MND>> maintaining ATM. I know there is interest in the use, I myself for
> MND>> instance am ;-)
> MND>
> MND>There are developers working on ATM in -CURRENT now so it won't be going
> MND>away.
> MND>
> MND>My hope is to clean up the existing HARP drivers (and inport the 'idt'
> MND>driver) so that the hardware drivers can be shared between HARP, NATM, and
> MND>the netgraph ATM stack.  This has obvious advantages.
>
> Netgraph-ATM has a driver for the Marconi 155HE (which should also work
> with the 622HE). Given that these card cost the same as the 200E and are a
> good deal better (they support traffic shaping, ABR, VPI!=0) it could make
> sense to HARPify and import it.
>
> harti
> --
> harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private
>               brandt@fokus.fhg.de

Christophe Prevotaux      Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A.C Les Charmilles        Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
3 Allée Thierry Sabine   Direct: +33 (0)3 26 61 77 72
BP202                       Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51686 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE                   HEXANET Network Operation Center