Date:      Sat, 30 May 1998 20:46:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        sysadmin@mfn.org (J.A. Terranson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PERL

> (1) The PERL that ships with 2.2.5R is perl4 or perl5?

perl4.  To be sure, type "perl -v"

> (2) Assuming (as I am) that 2.2.5R ships with p4, did I miss
> the p5 in the ports collection (I *did* look, and saw *lots* of
> additions, but nothing that screamed "Hi.  I am the P5 you were
> looking for.  Good to meetcha..."), or do I get it from somewhere
> else?

Personally, I hate ports.  I'm sure it's in there somewhere, but you could
get it from www.perl.com

> (3) After loading the various p5 packages, is there a "clean"
> way to compile a list of available functions, or must I peruse
> the code manually?

What functions?  Perl commands?  I don't think you can seperately add to
perl, but I might be wrong.

> TIA
>
> beatrice@mfn.org

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft Sucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/

Finger dima@zwb.net for more information.