Date:      01 Mar 2001 19:07:22 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        "Dennis Jun" <dennisjun@home.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSD licence vs GPL

"Dennis Jun" <dennisjun@home.com> writes:
> A Linux friend of mine and I were chatting bout the BSD licence versus the
> GPL. He was asking me how *BSD developers felt about that their code could
> (and has) being used by commercial companies and in turn becomes closed in
> the end. That is, you don't know if your code will stay open or not. He
> asked doesn't that bother BSD developers?

[replying a little late]

I don't care, as long as they don't try to pass it off as their own.
And even if I used the GPL instead of the BSDL, there'd be nothing to
stop people from using my code in proprietary software. I'd never find
out (unless one of their employees blew the whistle).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org