Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 2020 03:24:39 +0000
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: possible usb3-connected hard drive spin down causing lag

--F2VguJWxUxeN+bpt

Hi,

It seems the issue wasn't with the hardware or the connection.
I use mutt and it's the program that was slowing everything down,
and that was down to me using new mutt with my old config. The whole
pause for 5 seconds thing was due to it scanning gigabytes of email each=20
time it woke up. The fix was to review the config and change a couple of=20
settings. Now there's no delay (well there is a bit but only because it's=
=20
scanning the folders it's told to for new mail).

But looking at a hardware cause wasn't in vain. On the way to the solution,=
=20
found a few tips through here that sped up the system generally, and learne=
d=20
a bit. So now I have a *really quick* raspberry pi4 which is rock-solid=20
stable, so thanks :D

--=20
J.

--F2VguJWxUxeN+bpt