Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:29:01 -0800
From:      Charlie Schluting <charlie@schluting.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   vlan module loading...

mkay, I have to ask a possibly stupid question.

There's a recent bug where freebsd hangs with if_vlan.ko loaded when
using bpf. I'm being bitten by said bug.

BUT I have 'device vlan' in my kernel. Why is the module loading?!

rc.conf is the only thing I've modified, WRT vlan config:

dmz# grep vlan /etc/rc.conf
cloned_interfaces="vlan2"
ifconfig_vlan2="inet 192.168.0.10 netmask 255.255.255.192 vlan 2 vlandev
fxp0"
dhcpd_ifaces="fxp0 vlan2"

I call it vlan2 because on my switch I send vlan1 traffic untagged to
this box. Not that it matters.

Why do I see this?:
dmz# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name