Date:      Thu,  8 Jun 1995 15:51:31 UTC+0200
From:      Javier Martin Rueda <jmrueda@diatel.upm.es>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Automounting a CD-ROM

I want to use amd to automount CD-ROMs.

The idea is that whenever a user inserts a disk in the CD-ROM drive he/she
doesn't need to be root to mount the filesystem. Instead, the CD-ROM appears
automagically in /cdrom in read-only mode.

I've never used amd or any other automounter before, and I've been looking at
the amd and amq man pages, as well as at a PostScript document included in the
sources of amd in FreeBSD 2.0R, but I haven't found at a first glance how to
do that.

Can anybody please post an example configuration file for what I pretend?
Thanks in advance.