Date:      Sun, 09 Jul 2000 15:38:13 -0400
From:      Raymond L Sutton <rlsutton@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
Subject:   Re: Linksys Network Everywhere 10/100

At 02:32 PM 7/8/00, you wrote:

>         Hello everybody! I'm having trouble Linksys's Network Everywhere
>10/100 PC Card. Upon bootup, it continually says "No Card in database"
>                                         Rick

Rick,
I had the same problem with the Linksys card and my Dell Latitude. I ended
up using the PAO and the following changes to get it working.

1. Install current PAO

2. Modify kernel config - these are the two lines that I modified.
         device pcic0 at isa? port 0x3e0 flags 0x1 irq 11
         device ed0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000

3. Build kernel with above changes

4. Modify existing Linksys entry in pccard.conf by changing the first and
second lines
         Card "Network Everywhere" "Fast Ethernet 10/100 PCCard" 2.0
                 config auto "ed0" any

My card now comes up at irq 9 and io 0x300

--
Raymond L Sutton
Senior Project Engineer