Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:48:32 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Masakazu Takahashi <masakazu@tama.or.jp>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: asking about pubishing a FreeBSD Book in Japan

On Tue, Oct 21, 1997 at 01:42:05AM +0900, Masakazu Takahashi wrote:
> Hello questions@freebsd.org.
> I'm Masakazu Takahashi, Tokyo, Japan.
>
> I'm writing a book for building a internet-server with FreeBSD
> in Japanese.
>
> And I want to use the word "FreeBSD" for it's title.
> I've tried to find your policy for using it in Japanese and English,
> but I couldn't find it.
>
> So, If you have some rule or policy to using the word "FreeBSD",
> please tell me about it or the pointer of the information.
> (Hoply in Japanese :)

Sorry I can't reply in Japanese, but I think the answer is that you
can use the name FreeBSD as long as you indicate somewhere that it's
a trade mark.  In my books, I have:

   FreeBSD(R) is a Registered Trade Mark of FreeBSD Inc.

I'm copying the FreeBSD-doc people on this.  Maybe they have other
ideas.

Greg