Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 12:29:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stefan Molnar <stefan@exis.net>
To:        Bruce Albrecht <Bruce.Albrecht@seag.fingerhut.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: P6 MB recommendations

> Custom Tyan Titan Pro ATX (Award BIOS), ASUS AS200 SCSI + either Tyan 875 or
> ASUS 875 UW controller, Matrox Millenium

> I'm leaning towards the custom Tyan system, probably from RC Systems.  If
> you've got one (or purchased from RC Systems), I'd like to hear from you.
> Should I stay away from the Tyan 875 controller, since they've discontinued
> it, or should that not really matter, since it's just another Symbios 875
> chipset controller?  Thanks.

The Tyan one we have rocks.  But we are using 3 ultra wide buslogic
controlers.  I find that tyan w/ buslogic makes a very strong system.

Stefan

Stefan Molnar                  Team Exis.Net
stefan@exis.net                   Member EFF
Slightly Silly                     Team OS/2
east-coast-ambassador@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
"She turned me into a Newt!  A Newt?
I got better."     -Monty Python