Date:      Sat, 03 Jul 1999 16:34:43 +0200
From:      "Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?=" <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help: How to get xchat running (getting cores)

Hi!

I'm trying to get the xchat 0.5.1 that came in a package with FreeBSD
3.1-R to work. When I try to start it up it just dies with a nasty
message.

What I get is this:
#Unable to connect to server port 35091
#This generally means that the program could not talk to the esound
server
#
#[2]    Floating exception            xchat

Ok, I guess that the reason for the floating exception has to do with
sounds. Is there any way to make it go silent and not trying to use
sounds? I have installed the esound 0.2.7 package too, but it doesen't
seem to help...

Any suggestions?
-- =

Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk sv=E4ngning
--- FairLight ------ FairLight ------ FairLight ------ FairLight ---
Joachim Str=F6mbergson         ASIC SoC designer, nice to CUTE animals
Phone: +46(0)31 - 27 98 47    Web: http://www.ludd.luth.se/~watchman
--------------- Spamfodder: regeringen@regeringen.se ---------------