Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 14:58:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Larry Lile <lile@stdio.com>
Cc:        Nicolai Petri <npp@distortion.dk>, tokenring@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Loadable Token Ring drivers!

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Larry Lile wrote:
> I don't think we can make the 802.5 layer loadable though.

I looked at the code a little and I'm not sure what would stop us from
making the 802.5 stuff loadable.

In fact, all the various MAC layer code should be loadable.  The question
is how to create a dependancy on the module from within the hardware
drivers.  (So that the code is loaded if a driver is loaded and the code
is not compiled in.)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |