Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:22:02 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Chris Simpson <csimpson@telocity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation issue...

> From: "Chris Simpson" <csimpson@telocity.com>
> To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> Subject: Installation issue...
> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:43:48 -0500
>
> Hello!  New guy on the list here...

    Hi. Can you please set Outlook to wrap lines at about 72 chars,
    please?

> ANYWAY, I get to the point where it actually installs the packages,
> and then it seems to lock up when it's installing cvsupit-3.1. There's
> no error message, just this:
>
> ADDING PACKAGE/ALL/cvsupit-3.1.tgz From acd0c
>
> Package cvsupit-3.1 read successfully - waiting for pkg_add(1)

    my guess is you have a prompt at ttyv4 (or was it 2?) waiting for
    your input. pres alt+f2 or alt+f4 to get to the other console. you
    might see more information there.

> One thing that I noticed was a little strange was that when setting up
> the NIC, it asked me for my local DNS server, and I don't have one of
> those, so I gave it 198.6.1.5 (a UU Net server, if I'm not mistaken)
> as a DNS server. Could that cause the problem? I'm totally new to *BSD
> and a pretty big newbie to *nix in general, so any help would be
> appreciated!

    i don't think so. it says "acd0c", which is your cdrom.

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
4:14PM up 7 days, 4:09, 17 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00