Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 01:33:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "jason" <johndoe2@myway.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   O/S question I guess

FreeBSD team,I'm a video editor and computer builder/repair tech in a small town. My bussiness partner and I are considering switching to a new AMD 64Bit machine. We've been ptting it off due to o/s issues. Win XP will run on a amd64 machine but will not full take advantage of the new technology. Microsoft has a free trial beta version of its 64 bit o/s but that expires 365 days from innstallation( wich would mean a loss of data/programs/archives, quite a headache. Microsoft also has said that initally the new o/s will only be available pre installed on multi $1000 machines or to big companies.( I can build a 64 bit machine for c$1000 so I dont want to buy something that the manufacture jacks up in price by $3000 when I can do it for less) I noticed your web site says your o/s is amd64bit compatible and I like that idea. My question or questions are : Do you know if the PinnacleSystems software, speciffically Studio 9 can work on FreeBSD? and two if not is there someting comp
 areable that could be used on FreeBSD? Also is there anywhere where I can see screen shots of FreeBSD and does it support most common devices as windows and many linux gu do?(i.e.: 1394/firewire, usb, sound, vidoe,dvd-r drives etc etc) as this is a must to continue video editing.sorry this has been kind of lengthy but as you can tell I am intreted in possibly switching to FreeBsd, I will not go to linux as I've tried that and not liked it, I also dont get on with apple, so that leaves you or microsoft or writing my own os(wich I dont think i can do lol )With regardsJason Marinsmall Town geeks

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.