Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 11:32:58 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        me@gw.muc.ditec.de
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE now available!

Hi,
Responding to:
> From: me@tartufo.muc.ditec.de (Michael Elbel)
> Subject: Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE now available!
> Date: Thu, 23 Nov 95 17:48 MET
>
> Say, does this look like news or not? Maybe we should actually consider
> using news as the "backbone transport" between the various exploders?
> Locally they then can be sent out to the end users via mail or be kept
> as newsgroups at larger sites (ok, I'm using newsgroups here locally,
> so I'm biased, but then, its so much easier to look through the lists
> if they are a) in separate newsgroups b) subjects are threaded).

I've just not got both
	- separate directories for each freebsd mail list
	- threading
working using /usr/ports/mail/mh, exmh, & procmail.
So xmh & other mh based mail readers should be able to doi similar.

PS this is neither to counter nor supplement your suggestion,
(you (Michael) know much more about news systems than me),
I just offer it as additional info :-)

> Michael Elbel, DITEC, Muenchen, Germany - me@muc.ditec.de
> Fermentation fault (coors dumped)

Julian