Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:27:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Gustavo Pamplona <pamplona@uai.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FBSDBOOT.EXE, Vi and DosCMD.

On 18-Jun-00 Gustavo Pamplona wrote:
> Hi, BSDusers.
>
> I know I ought to post these 2 questions to questions mailing list.
>
> How can I use FBSDBOOT.EXE? When I try to use it, it give me a error of
> "Invalid Format!", I think is the kernel was compiled for Elf format, so,
> is there a way to compile the kernel in the Static Format, Stripped or not
> Stripped.

FBSDBOOT.EXE hasn't worked for years.  It should be taken off the CD.

> Vi, the editor, one dumb question, is there a way to select more text than
> one line? The command 'yy' only select one line. Well, when I use, for
> example, the Vi of my Linux Slackware, I can press 'v' at my keyboard, and
> I can use both arrow keys or 'h,j,k,l' to select the text, been after I
> press 'y' to select 'yank the lines'

Type a number in for the number of lines you want to yank and then type
yy.  For example, 10yy yanks 10 lines.  You can also use the 'm' command
to set a mark and then yank from that mark to the current line.  For example,
go to the first line of the region and type 'ma'.  Now move down to the line
below the last line in the region you want to yank and type 'y`a'.  See the
vi man page for more info on marks, etc.