Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:25:31 +0400
From:      Charlie & <root@novikov.web2000.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE2.0pre (1.94) broken?

Hi!

I compiled KDE2 port and it failed to run - everything
started from startkde falls into core. Then I tried to
install it from packages - it launched successfuly but
missed about half of applications present in menu, many of
the configuration utilities. The menu items are repeated 3
or 4 times (I overcomed that by removing .desktop files -
what are they for?). Logout doesn't work at all.
Is there anything I can do with all that - specialy with
the lack of configuration utilities - I even can't setup
language to type text.

It seem to me it's too bad for prerelease version.

Andrey Novikov