Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 21:04:36 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        Shantanu <shantanoo@ieee.org>, RichardH <richardh@wsonline.net>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Bryan Curl <bc3910@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Re: Boot Manager Conversion

5/2/2002 5:18:47 PM, Bryan Curl <bc3910@yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]
>At any rate, shouldn't I run fdisk and make my FreeBSD drive non-
bootable?

>Can't have two boot drives in one system... windoze wouldn't like that
after all.

Howdy.  Please post in plain text rather than HTML (and below rather
than above the text you're responding to) if you can help it.

I'm not intimately familiar with XOSL, but the bootloader should allow you
to configure the active partition.  You should be also be able to
configure the bootloader to determine which drive is seen as "first."
Your system BIOS may allow you to switch which drive is seen as "first"
as well.  So you don't have to run fdisk beforehand unless it's necessary
to boot into Windows to install whichever bootloader you decide to use.

Jud