Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 1999 12:27:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   system panics from Real Audio G2 player with ppp

Anyone else seeing system crashes under -current or other versions
with user mode ppp.

I can trigger an immediate crash "supervisor write page not found"
from process ppp in from my wife's machine by running the Real Player
G2 machine and hitting the ABC news link or any other site with a
video stream.

(I'm doing network address translation with the built in IP aliasing.
Connecting with audio mostly only streams works ok).

I haven't been able to get savecore to recover a working crash dump.

A ppp from Feb 9th that I had on the system works perfectly
with the same system.

-r-sr-xr--  1 root  network  186916 Feb  9 20:30 /usr/sbin/ppp
-r-sr-xr--  1 root  network  234056 Jul 11 12:23 /usr/sbin/ppp

Bill
---
  bpechter@shell.monmouth.com|pechter@pechter.dyndns.org
      Three things never anger: First, the one who runs your DEC,
      The one who does Field Service and the one who signs your check.