Date:      Sat, 03 Aug 2002 08:02:19 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to change OPENSSLBASE for other ports builds?

Doug Silver wrote:

> I've decided to track OPENSSL/OPENSSH in the ports area but I'm having a
> problem compiling cclient using the proper OPENSSL directory [...]
> /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:

which is broken.
see PR: ports/36080 and ports/39054

Fix, to use the port version:

instead of setting USE_SSL=yes use (after bsd.ports.pre.mk):
.include "${PORTSDIR}/security/openssl/Makefile.ssl"

You can force to use the OPENSSL in the base with Option:
USE_OPENSSL_BASE=	yes

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]