Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:17:18 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        "Ray D. Davis" <snoopy@mail.airmail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to run compiled program

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 07:43:50PM -0600, Ray D. Davis wrote:
> I am on ver 2.8.  I have compiled an equivalent of hello world in
> both c and c++ using both the default a.out method and the -o option.
> Yet when I try to execute the file which is supposed to be linked, by
> typing the file name, eg. ntest, the system says ntest: not a
> command.  Looking at the contents of the file it appears more like an
> object file than executable.  What is the dumb thing I am doing???

Try posting the exact commands you used.  Some times the devil is
hidden in the details.  Without the exact command sequence that you
used, everyone's going to be just guessing.  And most of the time we'll
be wrong :-)

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]