Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:18:40 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Sam <sah@softcardsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AoE for 4.x

I think that if you have a working driver we can assign you a number.
I do have some questions however..

this is AoE.. is it not possible at all to combne it with either the CAM
framework (such as the atapicam stuff) or the existing ATA stuff..
Don't take this the wrong way.. it's just a question..
CAM is being used to talk to drives over firewire, usb, ata, scsi,
fibrechannel.
it would seem that to unify this would be something that we should look at..
Of course CAM itslef is showing its age in soem places and it could do
with some work itself..