Date:      21 Mar 2003 09:16:23 -0500
From:      Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
To:        Andreas =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Wider=F8e?= Andersen <awand@pragma.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help! sshd failing after upgrade

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 04:22, Andreas Widerĝe Andersen wrote:
> Dear list readers,
> Two days ago I cvsup'ed the latest src, compiled a new kernel and issued a
> build/installworld. My system was running 4.7 STABLE and is now 4.8 RC. I
> have one problem that I can't fingure out.
>
> After upgrading my sshd stopped working with the following message under
> boottime (also if I try to manyally start it from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/):
>
> # ./sshd.sh start
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/sshd: Undefined symbol
> "OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"
>
> I can't ssh to my box anymore.. and this is a big problem since this is a
> surveillance, backup, mail and www server. I have looked in /etc/ssh, but
> not found any reference to this undefined symbol.

I don't have a solution for you on this one. However, if you find a
solution (and possibly even the cause), please post it back to the list,
or email me personally. I am planning on upgrading to 4.8 soon as well,
and I don't want any 'surprises' like you have encountered.

--
Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>