Date:      12 Jun 2002 22:19:05 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest xscreensaver not showing up in gnomecc

--=-03b586izwLDw0oLqmDjj

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 13:05, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> I have a FreeBSD-STABLE system, up to date as of today; gnome-1.4, also
> up to date.  I installed xscreensaver-gnome (4.05) and now there is no
> screensaver capplet in gnomecc.
>=20
> I know there have been some problems with the recent xscreensaver port
> but I have not seen this reported yet.

Okay, I lied.  The Makefile is mostly okay as long as you're building
against GNOME 1.4.  If you try to hack it up for 2.0, there's work to be
done.  I just installed 4.05 on my 1.4 machine, and it worked fine.  Try
doing what the warning says, and delete pkgconfig temporarily, then
rebuild xscreensaver-gnome.  That should find all the right GNOME 1.4
dependencies.

Joe

>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
> --=20
> Glenn Johnson
> USDA, ARS, SRRC			 Phone: (504) 286-4252
> New Orleans, LA 70124		e-mail: gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20
>=20

--=-03b586izwLDw0oLqmDjj

--=-03b586izwLDw0oLqmDjj--