Date:      Sat, 05 Feb 2011 21:35:46 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Jason Fesler <jfesler@gigo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MSS rewrite / MSS clamping?

On 2/5/11 8:07 PM, Jason Fesler wrote:
> I'm in search of MSS clamping for FreeBSD servers; in particular,
> for IPv6.
Well, there is ng_tcpmss  but I see that it only works for IPv4
It may however be relatively easy to add code to allow it to work for
IPV6.

there is also the code in ports net/tcpmss which also is only IPV4,but
in addition
relies on DIVERT which is currently IPV4 only (I hope to change that).

> I'm finding pretty much nothing (except iptables..) on the net.
I assume you don't include things like ppp links if you are talking
about a server.

> Am I chasing wild geese?

don't know about pf.  it MAY be able to help.

For what it is worth, I expect a lot of IPV6 stuff to get kicked into
shape over the next few months :-)