Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 18:56:16 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>, tcobb@staff.circle.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: On freezes in 3.2-Stable

W Gerald Hicks writes:

> > At Gateway or Dell customize-your-system sites I've seen notes stating
> > one can't fill the 3rd or 4th memory slot if one has more than 2 or 3
> > internal HD's. I wonder if its a power supply issue?
>
> Naw, it's a capacitive loading issue  :)
>
> Rod hit the nail on the head.

I too believe Rod is right. But the number of internal HD's doesn't
have anything to do with the memory bus loading. Have never given much
thought to how much power memory consumes. Not having one of the
systems I was "configuring" online, I don't know if they have a problem
where the 2nd or 3rd HD consumes the space where the 3rd or 4th memory
SIMM would go or now.