Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 13:32:19 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        psalzman@gamefish.pcola.gulf.net, tlambert@primenet.com, grog@lemis.com, wes@softweyr.com, scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk, licia@o-o.org, jcwells@u.washington.edu, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet Explorer and UNIX

At 04:33 PM 11/4/98 +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
>> Microsoft buys into markets where they do not belong.
>
>I think, perhaps, you need to decide if you are first and foremost
>a pro-FreeBSD advocate, or an anti-Microsoft advocate.
>
>Is it more important to you that FreeBSD win, or that Microsoft
>lose?
---
Both are of equal importance to me really. Unfortunately my workplace is
severely in-debt to Microsoft products because of the lack of support for
them for FreeBSD..  I'd prefer to do all of my server-related stuff on one
machine, and I certainly don't want it to be that POS NT server.
---

>This list is generally for discussions by and for people for whom
>it is more important that FreeBSD win, and trying to fight on
>two fronts is a good way to lose.
---
Certainly it's important for FreeBSD to win.  My original comment of not
seeing ports of Netscapes Servers has been blown out of proportion
(partially by me, indeed) into this anti-Microsoft browser war.

I was happier with my remark "Phew, thank god IE isn't on Unix".  That fits
when we're talking about FreeBSD, does it not?

So I guess what I have to do is email my Netscape Sales rep and say "Sooo
when am I going to see this for FreeBSD?" .. In the meantime, I'm stuck
with the 'dreaded NT box'.

>					Terry Lambert
>					terry@lambert.org

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998