Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:02:01 -0700
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        ab@astralblue.net
Subject:   spamass-milter install

I've installed spamass-milter and p5-SpamAssassin according to the
directions in spamass-milter, but when I run a mail through sendmail I get:

Aug  5 11:54:54 lilbuddy spamd[68581]: info: setuid to root succeeded
Aug  5 11:54:54 lilbuddy spamd[68581]: Still running as root: user not
specified, not found, or set to root.  Fall back to nobody.

and the mail doesn't get tagged by spamassassin.  Mail goes through fine,
but it is unaffected by spamassassin.  If I run a mail through spamassassin
like this:

spamassassin -t < sample-spam.txt

it does get tagged, so spamassassin seems to be configured okay.  It seems
like spamd is just failing.  I haven't changed the default configuration
for spamassassin.  Could having cyrus-sasl authentication installed have
something to do with it?

Thanks.

--
Mark Edwards