Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:39:38 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Daniel Rock <freebsd@deadcafe.de>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID on Tyan Tomcat K8E

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 11:10:18PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Daniel Rock, and lo! it spake thus:

> So you really just have the choice between two different software
> solutions: "device ataraid" or "options GEOM_MIRROR".

Except that the ataraid solution will boot off the second drive if the
first fails, and the RAID can be setup in the BIOS and be ready for
the OS when you fire up sysinstall the first time.

(assuming the nvidia RAID is supported, which I think it is, but I
don't really know)

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net