Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 2020 07:25:31 -0400
From:      Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Working on Zoom port

--kftwuDvyadqw91NxGeydcu1oJ39rZzlmM
From: Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org

--SzMQZZTvwHg5kyrFXVqJdHUWkPVbvybCd

On 4/13/20 3:09 PM, Waitman Gobble via freebsd-hackers wrote:

> A few things - using "latest" for the distfile isn't going to work, as
> soon as they update the file it will break the port.

Someone submitted a PR to my repo that addressed this.

> Also they ship a whole bunch of libraries without any licenses. For sur=
> there is Apache and BSD code in there. I guess somebody could write
> Boston to the the GPL licenses, but the other libraries are totally a
> no-go without licenses.
>=20
> Are they using the "commerical" version of Qt? Or maybe they just got
> liberal with it like they did the other stuff? I think the commercial
> version is different than normal people have, if not now then soon.

I'm intending to figure out what version of Qt they are using.  It would
be better in my opinion to install the Qt ports.  If they are using
professional, then we'll have to use whatever they install.

Regardless, this is going to have to be one of those packages that
doesn't get distributed by FreeBSD (like other commercial ports).