Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 09:21:37 -0500
From:      eculp@bafirst.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   +pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

I'm seeing 4 Current servers that were running squid with no problems
now dumping core with the following error in the log file.

+pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

I have no idea where to begin looking.  I went to the squid list and
saw where it was caused by persistent connections on some platforms so
I turned them off and there was no change.

All the machines are running up to date ports, with kernel and userland
no more that a week old and it includes Intel and amd processors.  Two
boxes have multiple processors so it doesn't seem to be a hardware
problem.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

ed