Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2007 13:39:08 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Jeremy Gransden <jeremy.gransden@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: See output of local xterm session on remote ssh session.

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 07:23:45AM -0400, Jeremy Gransden wrote:
>  Hello,
>=20
>  I have been searching Google for a few days for this but have not been
>  coming up with the correct answer. Then again maybe I am asking the wrong
>  question... If I start a process, i.e. compile a kernel, on my desktop, =
how
>  can I then connect to it from my laptop and see the output of that proce=
ss
>  via the ssh session?

The easiest way would be to start the process from your ssh session.

If you want to keep tabs on an already running process, you should start
the process in such a way that it redirects the standard output and
standard error streams to a file. How that's done depends on the shell
you're using. You can then watch that file via ssh with 'tail -f'.

Roland
--=20

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ--