Date:      Sat, 03 Aug 2002 03:07:08 -0400
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Contributing to Ports

I'd like to start contributing to ports in a lot more earnest then before.

I want to basically try and build all the ports and fix problems where
they occur, but I would like to change the install directory to say
/usr/local/ports so that I don't kill the rest of my system.

I don't think changing
LOCALBASE?=             ${DESTDIR}/usr/local
X11BASE?=               ${DESTDIR}/usr/X11R6
PKG_DBDIR?=             /var/db/pkg

is they're any easy way to do this or documentation ?

END

Philip M. Gollucci philip@p6m7g8.com 301.474.9294 301.646.3011 (cell)

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
Webmaster & Webship Teacher

eJournalPress
Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume