Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 1997 01:33:34 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Richard Jones <richard@a42.deep-thought.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD TCP stack SUX big juicy ones.

>Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za> writes:
>> Greetings good and humble user ...
>>
>> > was not technical enough for the hackers@freebsd.org list and got lost
>> > amongst techno-gems such as "Our *NIX is better than their *NIX" and
>> > "The number of the beast is vi vi vi".  Now as important as these issues are I
>> It would not amaze me if you didn't get any answer with this e-mail ...
>>

>well be amazed.  Your reply is one more than I received with a serious
>subject header.  Do people here hit <d> for all messages that don't contain
>the words "linux" or "plug and play" coz my short 72 hours on the list seem
>to indicate this to be so?

   You're being very presumptious about too many things. While we try to
respond in a timely manner, your original message was posted only 24 hours
ago and more importantly, right before a code freeze for our next release.
I've personally been busy trying to make sure that important fixes have
been merged before the deadline and haven't had time to look into the
problem you've reported. Your report lacks many important details, not
the least of which is the versions of FreeBSD you've tested this with.
"freefall" is running old code from about 4 months ago, and might very well
not have some important fixes.
   We're generally a pretty friendly croud, but your attitude is certainly
making this much more difficult than it needs to be.

-DG

David Greenman