Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 21:05:36 -0700
From:      gregm@netidea.com
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Timezone question

I've got to say it at the risk of going down in flames. I'm new to
FreeBSD and love it. I'm studying C and TCL/TK. (Iove Greg Blacks
comments, vitriol and all) and spend all my extreneous computer
time on my FreeeBSD machine. BUT... I also have a recording
studio and run three MSWin machines. One sound 'card' is full
duplex with 10 ins simultaneous with 8 outs. Another accepts
S/PDIF from the aformentioned card. The third machine runs
sampling software (SSPro ... if you sample you'll love it) and much
as I would like to do it all in UNIX I'm not aware of any way I could
(I'd love to hear I'm wrong --  I won't invest another fortune just yet).
I know a lot of MS's success is due to their dominance and hence
support, but still it is there. Anyway ... blah .. blah.. just thought I'd
throw that bug in your ear and flame on Johnny, but really ... it's
not all bad!
(please ... still try to answer this newbies pathetic questions!).
Regards,
Greg Martin.