Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:35:36 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom REM56G-100 on 5.3

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 02:14:37PM +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> FreeBSD 5.3, on R31 Thinkpad.
>
> I picked up a 2nd-hand Xircom modem/ethernet card, and although the
> ethernet works fine (although I don't need it), the modem port doesn't
> seem to be recognised.

The modem part should work with the sio driver, although you won't be able
to use both the Ethernet and modem together with an OLDCARD kernel (not the
default on 5.3 so you're probably running a NEWCARD kernel).  Do you see
any extra sio ports showing up in dmesg output?

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon