Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 10:58:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Diehl <joed@engg.ksu.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium BUG

As Joe Diehl wrote:

> Here's a small little program to test for the bug:

<... snip...>

> Here is the sig of the guy who either wrote the code or posted the code
> without any credit given to the author...

<... snip ...>

Correction, I just found this bit of text in his message about the source
of the FDIV checker:

/* I got the above from the "TCPLUS" list (a list about C and C++
programing). I'm not sure but you may be able to use the Windows Calculator
or QBASIC to do the same but I don't know how. REMEMBER: it only occurs
with certain bit patterns.

Sorry for the mistake... :-(

---
Joe Diehl <joed@engg.ksu.edu>