Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 1999 19:33:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        francois.baudens@icam.fr (Bouh)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with my cdrom drive

Bouh wrote,
> hello
> i have a little problem with my cdrom drive in freebsd : i install
> freebsd (3.3) on my second hard drive with my cdrom drive on the first
> IDE controller. Then i put my cdrom drive on the second one and it is no
> more detected. Do i have to do something special for me to see my cdrom
> drive ?
>
> Thanx a lot for the answer, because if i can't mount my cdrom, i can't
> use freebsd.

I am having a little trouble with what you are saying. You are
installing FreeBSD with your devices arranged on the IDE controllers
one way, then movingthings around after you are done, right? Now,
during your "install configuration" where are the various devices (on
which controller)? And which device is master and which slave? When
you switch to "operational configuration" where are the devices? And
which is master and which is slave?