Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:01:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jimbo Bahooli <moke@fools.ecpnet.com>
To:        "Adam W. Hawks" <root@slip129-37-195-1.nc.us.ibm.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: worm0 and cd imaging

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Adam W. Hawks wrote:

> > 	Under current is it possible to make a complete image of a CD
> > (from a cd0 , and then use worm control to burn it to a recordable?
> > If so, how would I go about doing this.
> >

> To make an image from a disk I
>
> cat /dev/cd0a > image.iso
>
> then burn this image and it makes a duplicate of my disk.
>
> Seems to work on the ones I've tried so far.
>
> Adam W. Hawks
> awhawks@ibm.net

Thanks, I'm going to make the images now with 'dd if=/dev/cd0a of=cd.img'
tested it out slightly and it worked great.  What are the exact commands
you use to burn it? Does the burncdfs.sh do it right... it looks like it
to me, but I'd rather hear from experience.  But now that this hurdle is
jumped, I can't wait for my Advansys scsi card to be supported. Even with
-current and the SCSI branch my version is not supported yet...