Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2023 09:14:37 -0500
From:      Paul Keusemann <pkeusem@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Why does sccache-overlay get installed when I upgrade installed packages

--------------bZ18n3xubnkR3DsbPUPD1DuA

For a while now, the sccache-overlay package has been getting installed
or upgraded when I upgrade installed ports.  According to pkg info,
nothing depends on it.

I wouldn't care, but it seems to get  upgraded pretty regularly and
because it installs with the schg bit set and I run with securelevel set
to 1, upgrading it requires a reboot, well, 2 reboots.

I am not using it, so I can remove it but it just keeps coming back.  Is
there anything I can do to make this less of a PITA?

--
Paul Keusemann			pkeusem@gmail.com
4266 Joppa Court		                     (952) 894-7805

--------------bZ18n3xubnkR3DsbPUPD1DuA

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>

  </head>
        sccache-overlay package has been getting installed or upgraded
        when I upgrade installed ports.  According to pkg info, nothing
        depends on it.</font></p>
        seems to get  upgraded pretty regularly and because it installs
        with the schg bit set and I run with securelevel set to 1,
        upgrading it requires a reboot, well, 2 reboots.</font></p>
        face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">I can remove it but it just
        keeps coming back.  Is there anything I can do to make this less
        of a PITA?</font></p>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Paul Keusemann			                     <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:pkeusem@gmail.com">pkeusem@gmail.com</a>
4266 Joppa Court		                     (952) 894-7805
Savage, MN  55378
</pre>

--------------bZ18n3xubnkR3DsbPUPD1DuA--