Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 21:14:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running 2+ window managers

> From: "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 00:29:51 -0700, Todd Meister wrote:
> >all files in that directory ending in wm, you should see a good chunk of
> >them.
> There were only two. :-(
> twm and xfwm (from xfce)
> ------------------------------

There may only be two installed in X, but there are *lots* in the
ports tree! They even have their own directory,
/usr/ports/x11-wm. Personally, I use a configured (via the "gcc"
configuration program) version of lwm, which is there.

> From: Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
> Subject: Re: Using 2+ window managers

> I don't know if this will work on FreeBSD. But on my Linux box
> I can do the following.
>
> WINDOWMANAGER=quake3 startx

X on both platforms is pretty much the same - they both use
XFree86. It ought to work. I'd be interested in hearing if it does or
not. It may depend on which version of XFree86 you're running, though.

	<mike