Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:43:16 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, "Chris D . Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftpd bug in FreeBSD through at least 3.4

-On [20001003 01:35], Warner Losh (imp@village.org) wrote:
>In message <Pine.NEB.3.96L.1001002162322.63580K-100000@fledge.watson.org> Robert Watson writes:
>: I think it is too early to write off 3-STABLE as there is a huge install
>: base for the branch, and many products based on it.  We don't even have a
>: native Netscape build for 4-STABLE yet :-).  I think it is fine to assert
>: that no new feature development is occuring there, however.
>
>According to the security officer's long standing policy, we don't
>commit to support the old stale branch after we've had two releases on
>the new stable branch.  This doesn't mean that we prevent people from
>contributing to it, just that we don't have resources to do so.

It is in my own interest to get these fixes in.

People are always free to ask me to put specific pieces of code in the
3-STABLE tree in a `blessed by a freebsd.org committer' way.

Keep in mind I only do support work here, make sure some code gets MFC'd
which will mean 3.x will be deployable for people in the near future.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands