Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:09:43 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Subject:   Plip??

I see this:

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x3bc-0x3bf irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
plip0: cannot reserve interrupt, failed.

on every Alpha model I can put my hands on. This has been the case
as long as I can remember. I guess this means plip is not being used
by anybody. And is therefore an axe-candidate on Alpha GENERIC.

And (I would have to check if it is in there) the install floppy/CD kernels
as well?

Comments?

W/