Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:21:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   changing fkeys: ioctl SETFKEY

I am trying to reprogram my function keys, and it seems that
this is not possible through the keymap settings because the function
keys output multiple keytrokes, so they cannot be reprogrammed
with xmodmap - only switched around with other existing keystrokes.

It seems that the answer is in the man pages "keyboard" and "ioctl"
but it is beyond my knowledge level. While I am learning some
C programming, I do not understand the context in which ioctl
and SETFKEY settings are to be implemented.

Is there an example somewhere, or could someone give me an idea
of where to start on learning what I need to know to accomplish
my goal?

Thanks -