Date:      Wed, 20 May 2015 12:40:26 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, "=?UTF-8?B?SmVhbi1Tw6liYXN0aWVu?= =?UTF-8?B?UMOpZHJvbg==?=" <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <will@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: USE_GITHUB and submodules

On Wed, 20 May 2015 19:31:59 +0200 Jean-Sébastien Pédron
<dumbbell@FreeBSD.org> wrote

> On 20.05.2015 15:30, Jonathan Anderson wrote:
> > I think that I'll try to go with Shane's solution, if others concur that
> > it's a good idea. I don't want to create a rust-llvm port, since Rust's
> > customized version of LLVM isn't much good outside of Rust, it doesn't
> > expose any external libraries and it's intended to eventually go away.
> > So, until GitHub implements the "give me a tarball with all of the
> > submodules" feature, I might try hacking up MASTER_SITES as Shane suggests.
>
> Hi!
>
> CC'ing will@ as he worked on updates/fixes to lang/rust as well.
>
> While working on updating lang/rust to 1.0.0-beta.4 ([1], now obsolete),
> I could build Rust with LLVM 3.6 from ports. I admit I didn't try with
> 1.0.0 or a nightly snapshot.
>
> Do you know the changes made to LLVM?
>
> [1] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D2466
Well, I had hoped to comment on this on phabricator. But after
signing up for an account, so I could comment. I am now prevented
from even *viewing* the above review. Yes. I verified my email :).
So I'll have to comment here;
There's an issue with [file] permissions in the source that
currently comes with 1.0.0 in the ports tree. They are too
restrictive, and as such, can not be installed by anyone other
than root.
Just thought I'd attempt to address it now, in hopes it would
be seen before b4 hit's the ports tree. :)

--Chris