Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:29:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Raistrick <drais@wow.atlasta.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux_base-6.1 w/o X..

Hey folks.  I just installed 20011204 via sysinstall (clean install)...I
chose to install XFree4 by hand later, rather then install XFree3 at
install.

Anyway.  Afterwards, in the configuration menu, I enabled linux
emulation..or tried.

ldconfig warned about /usr/local/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib
not existing....

But when it tried to load the module:

link_elf: symbol maxtsiz undefined
The linux kernel module could not be loaded.
Please enable linux mode manually and retry."

Anyone know why this is failing?  If it requires X..shouldnt it do some
dependancy checks first, then? Hmm.

thanks...david

---
david raistrick (deep in the south georgia woods)
drais@atlasta.net		http://www.expita.com/nomime.html